Wednesday, November 19, 2008

sige?

Sige. Here it means, 'okay.' I felt like I was constantly saying it during my co-teaching today, which by the way was my first day doing it at my permament site. I taught with my counterpart, Mila, and had two First Year classes and one Second Year class.

The first First Year went great. The kids in that class seem to really enjoy having an American around and make an effort to get to know me. They seemed to really get the lesson I did on a friendly letter, and that was a great way to start the day. The day quickly went downhill during the second First year class however. They just did not get what I was trying to say. It was kind of a disappointment, but not I at least know that I'll need to try something different next time. The third class I taught, the Second Year one, was again a success. So at least I was able to begin and end on a high note.

As far as life in my permament site goes, it has its ups and downs. Host family #2 is awesome, and try their hardest to help with homesickness. The food is great, and some of the kids are starting to come around and talk more to me. It's a lesson to learn: you can't rush things, sometimes you just have to say, "Sige."

No comments: