Saturday, April 4, 2009

Can you find similarities?

In the past 24 hours I've gotten to do two things that I've never had to do before, and I can't say I really enjoyed them.

1) On Friday I was told that I'm going to a wedding on Saturday afternoon. It was my supervisor's niece, so I went. Another teacher, Dovie, picked me up at my house in a trike and helped me find my way to the wedding. In the trike, she says, "This is my first wedding." Wait a second... Dovie's like 35 years old, this can't be her first wedding. No way. Then comes, "Yes, a civil ceremony." OH, ok, that's not very usual here. I mean almost everybody is Catholic, and that comes with the whole mass shibang. Then comes the moment of enlightenment, "The boy is white." My automatic first question, "How old is he Dovie?" It turns out that the guy was 69 years old. Cute story right? Finding love, no matter what age you are, is always romantic. Oh wait, how old is the girl? Frickin' 18! This was not the wedding I was expecting.

2) This morning I got to scrub all the mold off my bedroom walls.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Uhm... You're cleaning-up the mold and the girl is marrying a mold.