Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Tom Terry

Last night there was a major storm. It woke me up at like 4am, and even came with a brownout. It's kind of strange when you think about it. In America you'd have a tv tuned in to the weather channel or your local weather guy, and you'd most likely be on top of the most recent updates. I mean you can tell exactly where every lightning bolt hits, but you don't have that here. Here though, there's not a lot of warning... except for our routine PC text to warn us of safety alerts.

I guess it's scarier because you don't really know what to expect, but I think it's also better in a way. I had no clue how long the storm would last, and really could only take things as they came, but I didn't get unnecesarily stressed out. I guess what I'm trying to say is you learn to take things in for yourself, and come up with your own opinion without having to listen to the media's hype. For example, when the the lightning struck inside my room practically and thunder immediately followed for 16.5 seconds afterwards, I came up with the "Wow, this is a bad storm!" thought on my own. I know... weather channel ain't got nothin on me.

No comments: