Friday, July 16, 2010

You and Me Could Write a Bad Romance

Well, it's that time of year again. The time when the plaid skirts get ironed, white shirts get an extra bleach washing, and black pants are pressed; aka The Acquaintance Party. It's the back-to-school bash that kids have been waiting for since school started back in June, and it's also my favorite dance that I'm required to go to.

Last year's theme was Michael Jackson, and to date is still one of my best memories of Peace Corps. This year they had an jaw dropping Lady Gaga impersonation contest. Unfortunately, I'm afraid I could be arrested for posting the pictures, so for viewing purposes just imagine Lady Gaga in her ukay ukay finest, dancing her heart out. So funny, and outrageous at the same time.

After the official swearing in that the new students do, and PTCA members pledge to do their best for the school, the lights drop down and the words DISCO bring on a roar from the students that I'm sure could rival any Lady Gaga concert. The kids had a great time, and well, me too :)

me and Genelyn

Lennie and some of the 3rd year boys in their dance competition

DISCO!!

What happens when somebody gets ahold of your camera...



and again, thanks Genelyn for the awesome pictures.


And here is the innocent side of Acquaintance Party, the side of the traditional Philippine School... the Inopacan National High School Hymn (they sing this at flag ceremony every morning). I will without a doubt, completely regret missing next year's party.

No comments: