Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Viva Snr Isidro Labrador!

So how do I know it's fiesta time? Well, I've been listening to the drumming for the sunolog (dance) competition, I just watched them hogtie a pig outside my window and then cart it off to the place where piggies come back crispy, and lastly, which I can't tell you how much it bothered me, I went to write the word "feast" the other day, and it automatically came out at "fiest." So, without a doubt... It's time for Fiesta!

I know it seems like I've written about fiesta a dozen times on this blog, and that's because I have. They seem to happen all the time, but this one is for the town that I'm staying in. Their patron saint is San Isidro Labrador, a farmer. There are a lot of rice fields surrounding town, thus the choosing of Isidro.

The official fiesta isn't till tomorrow, but for the past week it's been a whirlwind of activitiy. A couple nights ago there was a singing contest, where the winner ended up coming from another town. And then last night they had the coronation of her royal Miss Inopacan 2009. I don't want to get ahead of myself, but I'm told I could be a contender for next year's crown...hahahahahahahaha. With just a little stateside backing, it could be a reality.

So today starts the beginning of the feasts, and tomorrow will be the official "go to the house of everybody you know and eat until you feel like you might explode" festivities.

More to come, I'm sure :)

No comments: