Monday, March 8, 2010

sea urchins

This past weekend I went to the island again. This time I went by myself and got tons of questioning looks in response. I know, it sounds kind of weird to go to the beach by myself, but honestly, it's one of my favorite things to do. It's so relaxing and a chance to just sit in the sun and be still. The island is by no means empty, there are many families there, which I always kind of situate myself with in case I do need help, but I've gotten very good with "Oh, I'm very shy" or "I want to get a suntan," which usually gives me an excuse not to hang out with all the people who always invite me to join their parties. This time around, I did hang out with some of the boys who were there for the day. They were great.


They shared their sea urchins with me, which kind of tasted like raw crab.





No comments: