Saturday, April 17, 2010

quick snapshots of Japan, more to come

Atomic Bomb Dome, Hiroshima, Japan

Bamboo Forest, Kyoto, Japan

Todaiji Temple, Nara, Japan


Osaka Castle, Osaka, Japan





To console myself after my mom and sister's too soon departure, I went to Japan.
It was my first time going on a big trip by myself... and what an amazing experience! I was lucky enough to line up my trip with cherry blossom season, so the entire countryside was dotted with magnificently delicate pink and white flowers. the Philippines can be a beautiful place, however its beauty can be classified as nothing but tropical. Japan's beauty is one of cool refinement. A beauty that goes hand-in-hand with a cup of hot green tea. A beauty that has next to zero trash in it, and has me wanting to go back.
Through the week, I was able to visit the cities of Osaka, Nara, Kyoto, and Hiroshima. My only reget is that I didn't get to spend more time in Japan.


No comments: