Wednesday, October 8, 2008

conjunction, junction, what's your function?

I rely heavily on School House Rock for my English grammar. That seems like that's a large majority of what I do in the classroom; teach grammar. I have to say, this may not be very beneficial to the Filipino children I come into contact with. I mean I'm somebody who still lets a word like 'funner' come out of my mouth. I may need more than cartoons to get me through this!

Today was a great lesson however. We reviewed 8 different types of sentence structures, most of which I hadn't heard about since 9th grade English. The class had about 30 kids in it and they all paid attention. It was great! For practice I cut pictures out of a magazine I had so the kids could write the different sentence structures about the pictures. I think they really liked it because I had pictures of Miley Cyrus, The Jonas Brothers, Taylor Swift, etc... I mean come on, everybody loves a Jonas Brother! :)

No comments: